September 7, 2012
Last Opportunity to Participate - CALCE/SMTA Counterfeit Electronics
SMTA and CALCE @ University of Maryland are pleased to announce the west coast venue for their highly acclaimed and solution oriented Symposium on Counterfeit Electronic Parts and Electronic Supply Chain. The program will be held December 4 - 6 at the Crowne Plaza Anaheim Resort. Don't miss this opportunity to learn from and share your insights with government, industry and academia who are addressing the counterfeit problem.
If you are interested in participating, please submit an abstract (within 300 words) on any relevant topics at www.smta.org/counterfeit AND to Dr. Diganta Das via email to email@example.com no later than September 10, 2012. The accepted presentations will be due on November 1 for review. Watch for additional symposium information at www.smta.org/counterfeit and at www.calce.umd.edu/symposiums/SCEPDecember2012/. The program is close to finalization but we still have opportunity for new and innovative topics. Topics of interest for the abstracts include:
• Inspections tools and techniques for detecting counterfeit parts and needs for technical innovations.
• Authentication techniques for securing electronic part supply chain : applications, practices and cautions.
• New areas of counterfeit concerns: materials, battery, renewable energy, connectors...
• Electronic parts distribution: current stage and evolution
• Impact of supply chain changes on the component management practices: quality, reliability, manufacturability
• Government and industry procurement practices and its impact on electronic supply chain.
We are primarily interested in new solutions and ideas that look at the future and considers the possible new areas where counterfeit and low quality materials and products many enter into supply chain. If you are not sure if your ideas match the symposium goal, please email or call the program chair, Dr. Diganta Das (firstname.lastname@example.org - 301 405 5323).
In addition to the Technical Program, there will be workshops of topical interest on December 6:
• WS1: Counterfeit Part Avoidance and Detection
Diganta Das and Bhanu Sood, CALCE
Full Day- 8:30am - 5:00pm
• WS2: Managing Electronic Part Obsolescence
Peter Sandborn, CALCE
• WS3: A Roadmap to Addressing Counterfeit Components : IDEA-STD-1010: Acceptability of Electronic Components Distributed in the Open Market
Mark Young, EPTAC
1:30pm – 5:00pm
More Workshops are being added from invited participants. Please check www.smta.org/counterfeit for details.
For more information visit http://www.smta.org
Preview the IPC Outlook listing for SMTA
Additional News From SMTA
News By Circuitnet